Gary's Ride Tracking

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Friday, March 25, 2011

"Dirt Biking!"


Having the afternoon off and feeling the need to ride, and wanting to ride somewhere I hadn't been before, I took the KLR up some back roads behind Pine Flat Lake. The road I took is called Big Creek road and it travels from Pine Flat to the top of the 4 lane on Hwy 168 just short of Shaver Lake. It is dirt and has a, well, "big creek" along side of it. It's a beautiful ride as you can see.The road heads up into the mountains. At the top I stopped and had a snack. There was a wonderful view of the surrounding hills back down toward Pine Flat Lake.

Soon the road turned from dirt to asphalt. But, as I got further up into the tree line, I hit snow. I tried to ride through the snow for a couple miles, staying in the ruts of the previous vehicles, but the snow just became deeper. I had only gone half of the 30 miles I need to travel on the road to get to my next turn off. I decided to turn around and go back the way I had came. On the way down I stopped at a nice shady spot along the road and enjoyed the view for a while. All in all, it was a nice ride even if I had only been able to ride up to the snow line.

















No comments:

Post a Comment